Having a robust and functional WordPress website is what everyone wants in these days. But most of the owners are not being responsible for getting the website which can’t be hacked. Yes, there are certain ways which one can follow to secure their website from all the hackers. Now there is a scope to secure the admin of the website even though you make use of the plugins, code and tools and here you can get the insights from.
- Always Have Strong Passwords: We all know about this but often we don’t bother to implement and keep on procrastinating in trying a robust password. Always make a note to have strong usernames and passwords. Just don’t go with using the same generic one for every website as this is a vulnerable chance to get hacked. Ensure that you are using numbers, special characters and as both lower and uppercase letters in your every password. It is when you make use of the long passwords and that too by following the above simple facts, it is hard for the hackers to break into.
- Get Rid of Brute Force Attacks: It is a fact that there are many hundreds of unauthorized attacks which we come across daily. To avoid these attacks, choose a better web host which can keep you safe. Make use of the programs like the Limit Login and there will be less scope for the brute force attacks here. Check where you can get a notification when there are many attempts to login and this way you can find out that your website is getting hacked. Never give a chance for the hackers to try logging in with different usernames and passwords.
- Ensure that you Update Always: There are different plugins which we use daily and now this is the time to update all of them with the new ones. By doing this we will be able to reduce a certain risk of the bugs which the hackers already knew about. Generally, the new updates are meant to fix bugs and to provide more security to the website. Never have the mindset that the new update is going to disrupt the functionality of the plugins you are using because the same thing happens when you are using the plugin which can be hacked in the long run. As hackers always include some malware or code to your plugin.
- Rely on The Backups: Make a note to have the backup even though you are making use of the strict measures not to get hacked. It is once you know that the website is hacked there will be scope for you to delete everything and to restore the things with the backup you already have. In fact, this is the best practice to have security always.
- Check with the Plugins: Be vigilant and delete the plugins which you are no more using and found that they are prone to get hacked. Always make a note to install the plugins only from the repository. Avoid using the other ones even though there is a scope for better features. This is the best way to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Need for Secure Protocols: There is always a strict need to make use of the SFTP to transfer the files. By doing this you are authenticating with the server as you upload, transfer files and upload which helps you to stay secured.
- Give Attention to wp-config.php file: You can protect the WordPress by protecting the wp-config.php as it has all the vital information. Ensure that the hacker can’t get access to this file. You can achieve this by just placing the file above the root directory.
- Never Display the WordPress Version: We all know that every WordPress version has some bugs with it. So try to avoid displaying which is clear in the source view. When you do this, hackers need to think and build for an attack otherwise; it will be easy for them when they know the WordPress version.
- Check Permissions for File editing: Don’t let the permission for users to make changes to the admin. When you do this, even the hacker can’t change the code when they get the access to the admin.
Follow these simple tips and for sure you can protect your WordPress website from hackers.