SEO refers Search Engine Optimization, which means to optimize your site according to the search engine algorithms. WordPress, the largest Content Management System available on the web, has many SEO plugins. Among them, WordPress SEO by Yoast is one of the most popular plugins. In this step by step guideline, we will learn how to configure this plugin.
Instruction how to cofigure
- First, you need to install the plugin. Install it using the built-in search function of WordPress or by uploading it manually.
- After installing, the plugin will ask you whether you want to allow tracking or not. Simply click on “Allow Tracking” and let the plugin track your website performance.
- At the bottom of the left panel of your WordPress dashboard, you will find a new menu item named “SEO”. This menu contains several submenu items and all the settings you require to configure your WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin.
- There are several submenu items in the “SEO” menu item. The first one is “Titles and Metas”. You can set default title and meta style for your home, post types, taxonomies and others.
- You can set your Facebook, Twitter and Google+ account in the “Social” sub menu.
- The “XML Sitemap” is used for submitting sitemap on Google Webmaster Tools.
- “Permalinks” submenu item will allow you to set some advanced options of your site’s permalink.
- If you want to enable Breadcrumb for better accessibility and search engine friendliness, go to the “Internal Links” submenu item.
- To edit your RSS feed settings, go to the “RSS” submenu items.
- If you have used any SEO plugin before, the “Import & Export” submenu will allow you to important the SEO data from some other popular plugins. You can also export and/or import data from WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin.
- “Bulk Title Editor” helps you to edit all the titles of all the posts of your site from a single platform.
- “Bulk Description Editor” similarly helps to edit all the meta descriptions of all your posts from a single platform.
- “Edit Files” allow you to edit the .htaccess and robots.txt files. If you do not have proper knowledge on these, please DO NOT edit them.
- You can find a handful of extensions from the “Extensions” submenu.
So, you now have a better idea of configuring the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin. Start exploring the settings and features and I am sure, you will be amazed by its cool features.
Download SEO by Yoast Plugin Today!
Article via: http://wordpresstalks.com/